Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Summer of Learning!

This summer has been a summer to remember! Since being back in OKC, I had the opportunity to take part in different summer activities as well as prepare for the fall semester with my junior high students.

This summer, we had a city wide missions experience called Impact Your City. This is an event that I have helped plan for the past two summers. IYC is a city wide missions experience, where we allow our Youth for Christ students as well as churches from around the city to pull together for a week and serve. This is just not a missions trip for a lot of kids, it is a learning experience where we help equip them to be servant leaders. We do not want our students to just serve for a week at our missions sites, but to fall in-love with serving and the people of God that they want nothing more than to make an impact in their city and in someone's life. This summer was an amazing experience for our students as they went out into their city and served. It was evident that God was there with us and that he is still at work in our students hearts. It is a blessing to serve and lead students into a loving relationship with Christ and his people.

Also this summer we had the Youth for Christ retreat at Lake Eufaula. At the retreat, it was a time of learning, growing and mentoring. It is such a great honor to serve on the YFC team with so many amazing leaders, who have to same purpose in life for our students. At the lake, we also had time to have fun and get to know one another more! :) We went tubing on the lake, wake boarding, surfing as well as jumping off a 50ft cliff into the water! Now, that freaked me out, but i did it! :D This retreat was a time of building relationships and a time of reflection of how we want our ministries to be, the kids we want to see connect with Christ and how we can help them become leaders among their friends and have an influence in their world.

So now, school is starting in the next week and I am asking that you will join me in prayer as I start a journey of reaching people for Christ. Again, I am assigned to Hefner Middle School where I will be a tutor, I will lead FCA and I will be a softball coach! I prayer that I will be the hands and feet of Christ as I go to and from Hefner each day! I pray that I can be someone who reaches into the darkness and helps bring students into the light. This is a new school year, full of new beginnings, and my prayer is that I will be used by Christ so I can make a difference in the lives of students!

Once again, this ministry could not happen if it wasn't for you and your love and support. I appreciate you more than you know, and I am blessed that you are on this journey with me!

Serving together,
Chelsie Bowman

" I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." - Isaiah 42:16

No comments:

Post a Comment